World Of Warcraft

My Ramblings and Occasional Ranting
About Achievements, Addiction and Guild Administration

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

PvP - A noobs view

PvP 
IT SUCKS!
So I decided it was time to take the bull by the horns and try some Random Battlegrounds to grind out some honor for the mounts (yes you guessed it - for the achievements)
My son does it and my partner is now hooked onto BG and 2V2 and 3v3 and such crazy stuff... he kindly wrote a post today at Caffeine,smokes and Auction house fees (I suspect to make me feel better).
 
My Guildies have been embracing it for sometime and I constantly see achievements i can but dream about scrolling through guildchat on a nightly basis. So without thought I Queued....

Well after three battlegrounds I was cursing about F****ng Horde" and it not being worth the effort or aggravation for the pathetic amount of honor you get.
 
Now I have been into Battlegrounds before, Ive done a bit of Wintergrasp and some random horde killing,  because they were flagged. But nothing prepared me for last night. I have been spoilt by always having company. Ive never gone to battlegrounds on my own before and I was somewhat insulated by the company of guildies. It was a much more enjoyable experience then. 

But last night I was alone. I was one of a group of complete randoms. I know not of BG protocol and noone was talking to anyone. I started off in warsong gulch... everyone was off and after the Horde flag, me and one other stayed behind and protected our flag spot...It was complete chaos and I died a lot. But i sort of expected to die a lot being without any PvP gear and not really having a clue what i was suppose to be doing other than protecting our flag/flagbearer and shooting stuff. .... And i did die alot protecting our base/flag whatever the hell it was i was protecting. But it was expected casualty and i managed to kill a few in return and I had a not unpleasant time, though somewhat pointless and of course we lost. 

I then made the mistake of re-queueing... BIG MISTAKE

I got Arathi Basin this time it was a TOTALLY different experience for me
 
Its was like going back to a place that in the daylight is a touch rough around the edges, its not somewhere you hang around to eat your lunch and think what a lovely place" but its not somewhere you feel uncomfortable and unsafe.... after dark its a sordid den of iniquity.  
 
I went there after dark and it was somewhere you are constantly looking over your shoulder, everything feels dirty and sordid and there are thugs and murderers and perverts around every corner waiting for you to show the slightest weakness, to drag you off behind a bush screaming. I came away from Arathi feeling angry and abused and used and dirty. The last five minutes the Horde were just camping the graveyard farming us. I wanted to scream, infact inside my head I was.... 
I JUST WANT HONOR FOR MY MOUNTS - I DONT WANT TO BE BUTT F*****D IN THE PROCESS... B*STARD HORDE
 
 I feel like that little blonde kid with the big scary Horde standing behind me - shall i bend over a tad?

I am currently total confused about how to proceed??!!  You all know about my love for achievements and there are countless PvP achievements to be had...But i just cant see how i can put myself through more of that pain. I guess wht i need to do is find myself a little group of people to PvP with - people who I can stand back to back with, and who can teach and guide me but mostly can protect my butt..... its feeling very raw tonight :(
 

5 comments:

  1. I found your site from a link off another blog I read, and I have to say I really like it.

    I am - like you - a PvP noob and as such getting someone to go with you - even if it's just one person who does PvP it helps immensely. I usually PvP together with my friend - who is one of those people that for some odd reason find immense joy and satisfaction in PvP and does arena and all that stuff. Needless to say he's like his own little army all on his own with all that PvP gear compared to mine.. so I like to stay behind him and shoot at people from afar :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the solution! I shall come heal you in BG's because I also end up like you when I solo PvP... Horde hates healers...

    I'd love to get me some PvP Achievements (and that mount!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saga - can i come and stand behind you standing behind your friend ... and lotus you can come heal us all from behind me, behind Saga, behind his friend

    hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. and I'll come stand behind lotus and heal lotus (and beacon myself) on my pally... we'll be unstoppable! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get sard or myself to stand behind you and bubble :P problem solved. could even stand behind you stealthed if u asked nicely!
    (Sublimino, cant find where to make an acct for this thing >.>

    ReplyDelete