World Of Warcraft

My Ramblings and Occasional Ranting
About Achievements, Addiction and Guild Administration

Friday, June 17, 2011

A good day in guild


Wednesday night I had a GREAT night in guild.

We did a BOT run. There were many people signed up for the event and I was doing my usual OH NOEs about who to leave out that night.

As a social raiding guild we expect people to put real life before raiding and so several didnt turn up in time.




However we had ten men/woman ready to go at raid time and no one had to be stood out.  I have to say it was one of the most relaxed raids I have had in quite some time. We had a hunter and a mage with us who werent overly familiar with the boss fights - Mage had never been and the hunter only a little way.

The raid leader for the evening was in a very very relaxed frame of mind and the whole run was without stress/angst or drama. There was a lot of sillyness and even a couple deaths.

We got as far as the Ascendant council which we had a couple of shots at but called the raid as it was getting late (week nights I tend to leave most raids at 10pm Server time as that is midnight Kiwi Time so that I can still get out of bed in the morning for work. Its that whole worklife/wowlife balance thing)

We were frightfully close to the group downing the boss but I felt it was better to end the run for the night and come back fresh for the council.

The strange thing is I was on my Hunter and I enjoyed it! I usually druid heal most of the raids, but we had plenty of healers so I bought in the rusty ole hunter. Obviously I was not expecting us to get to far as there were people who didnt know the fighst and I was on my hunter. Not my strongest toon.

At the end of the run, everyone was happy and patting each other on the back for a great and relaxed night of fun. I ingame messaged the hunter that I was HUGELY impressed with the effort she put in that night and the improvements in her game style. I think she was pleased to be acknowledged for the work she has obviously put in to improving her awareness. It was a compliment well deserved!

So as much as I havent been enjoying raiding lately, I thoroughly enjoyed it Wednesday night. It felt like there was a buzz in the air and people were enjoying themselves with no expectations or push to clear the place. as a result we progressed well for the new people in group.

The other observation I made was that you never know where someones raid awareness is going to be unless you try them. This mage knew her toon . She mitigated death(iceblocks as appropriate) her dps was high. she didnt stand in shit, yet she felt the need to apologise for being so sucky.... obviously after we gave her a hard time for believing that she stopped apologising!

Although we have had some hiccups in guild recently I really felt on Wednesday that the team pulled together and had an AWESOME experience for us all. What More Than Raids Raiding is suppose to be about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment