World Of Warcraft

My Ramblings and Occasional Ranting
About Achievements, Addiction and Guild Administration

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I stopped blogging

I stopped blogging in October 2010.
There were several reasons for this. One was that I found circumstances in my real life difficult to avoid blogging about. These were things relating to my work and I felt not appropriate to include in this blog. They were things that had a very large and detrimental affect on me personally,as I became the victim of prolonged psychological abuse.



Additionally the purpose of this blog, my guild, became difficult to blog about because people are sensative wee souls. There were thoughts and feelings I expressed here that were taken out of context, or compliments about some were instead turned into critisim of others ( she says X is a superstar - does that mean im fail ) etc

So as more people read my blog I began to feel more confined as to what I could type. I dont like hurting anyones feelings if i can avoid it. Because ultimately i dont want other peoples grief or sorrow on my conscience

Blogs are interesting things.

One would think they would be a good place to be able to express your thoughts and ravings an outlet to say the things that youre thinking, the things you cant always say out loud (except to your shrink) . But thats not really true... Did you know that as a printed word a blog is also potential for defamation/liable/slander?

Yes you might start a blog to talk about a certain topic, but how can any of us not in time find our personalities, our fears and angers and joys creep into any blog we start. And as soon as you start letting your real self out there is the likely hood that someone is going to be hurt by something you say.

For example if i was to say : I have found that all thin top lipped woman can not be trusted, there could well be a group of readers who are thin top lipped woman who will rise up and attack me for my belief or who are suddenly off getting collagen because my words have caused them self doubt.

The word written or said can cause someone to laugh, to cry or to have a multitude of other reactions. and when that word is said or written to someone face to face or given in a letter ( like we use to do in the old days) you might be able to monitor your comments to reduce the hurt to that particular person. But when you say it on a blog there is no moderation. Anyone can happen on your thoughts or opinions and without knowing who is sat on the otherside of the computer can take those words so very differently than you had intended.

So I have instead decided that i can find a happy medium. I can say :OK this blog IS mine. I can say i will continue to post my thoughts and feelings and anxieties and lunacies, but I will endeavour to not offend anyone, however if you are offended by any of my thoughts/feelings or lunacies, please feel free to say so but know that they are mine. They dont need to be right or wrong. But either way there is a truth in them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment