We have had a spate of guild member accounts hacked, as I am sure many others have too. And everytime there is usually a week or so delay before the items are reinstated to the guild bank (by ingame mail to me) and a corresponding email sent to my email account confirming what was sent ingame all very formal and proper.
The most recent hacking resulted in a few trivial items being taken from the guild as i had locked down the goldseller candy.
Today I received an ingame mail with the items and knowing the drill dindt think about the email with the inventory. Tonight I logged into my Gmail and had the usual email... only t was a tad different and i felt the need to share it with you - The GM's have gone mad, found a sense of humour or our guild has moved up past the formal emails and are now privy to the "Special"mails.
Do read what I received:
I wet myself!
The most recent hacking resulted in a few trivial items being taken from the guild as i had locked down the goldseller candy.
Today I received an ingame mail with the items and knowing the drill dindt think about the email with the inventory. Tonight I logged into my Gmail and had the usual email... only t was a tad different and i felt the need to share it with you - The GM's have gone mad, found a sense of humour or our guild has moved up past the formal emails and are now privy to the "Special"mails.
Do read what I received:
Thank you for your patience while we investigated the embalmed leavings of your account that you reported. We have picked through the bones and goo and apologize for any inconvenience the zombies may have caused you.
After a thorough investigation, quarantine and brain cleaning, we have found this account to be eligible for restoration. Please ignore any dents, scratches, slime or teeth marks that may still be remaining on your recently nom nom nom’d goods. Mini-pets still missing their brains, limbs, or any other appendages have been reanimated and are...just like new.
Tips for surviving a zombie attack:
1.In either case, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Password, and you will be responsible for all uses of your Password, whether or not authorized by you. Also, note that the security of the Account is your responsibility.
2.Remember to keep small children and the elderly away from windows and doors during a zombie attack.
3.It is possible that the zombie uprising was triggered by a genetically engineered virus. Prior to using World of Warcraft, we highly recommend that you change your password and scan the computer system you are using to remove all viruses, Trojan files, and key loggers.
4.Aim for the head. Zombies are most vulnerable to attacks to the head. Good items for attacking a zombie are: Pitchforks, Mining Picks, Lil' Timmy's Peashooter. Bad items for attacking zombies are: Water Buckets, Paper Flying Machine, 15 Pound Salmon, Ripped Ogre Loincloth. DO NOT rely on your Clockwork Rocket Bot to save you.
5.Friends and family may be infected! Please take care not to share your account with any other people and risk another infection.
6.For further security tips, please visit (http://us.battle.net/security/)
Please note that items with random modifiers (of the Infected Mother In-Law, of the Holy Water, of the Weapon that Always Jams at the Worst Possible Time, etc.) are randomly generated.
I wet myself!

No comments:
Post a Comment