World Of Warcraft

My Ramblings and Occasional Ranting
About Achievements, Addiction and Guild Administration

Thursday, June 10, 2010

I am so Proud!


I am feeling a little like a proud mother right now.

Tonight an interesting proposition was put to me - a friend is in another guild. This guild has downed the LK in 10/25 and done hardmodes. This person is perhaps looking for a guild to join to enable them to have no competition for shards that drop for the Shadowmourne quest. 

The proposition was that they join MTR so they have no competition for the shards and in return they teach us the how to of ICC. (no long term commitment to remain in guild but a mutually beneficial arrangement in the meantime)

I considered this as a prospect because I thought that the core raiders of the guild were getting itchy feet to progress further faster and this friend could help with that

A Pedigree chat followed at which they almost unanimously came to the decision that no they didnt like the proposition. The reason - It would take from what we are trying to achieve in our own ploddy united way.

I am extrodinarily proud of my Pedigrees at the moment for wanting the pleasure of the first kill to be their own. earnt with the blood sweat and swearwords along the way.

in the words of one guildie:
I also enjoy pushing ourselves. Dying but learning makes it feel like you did something

this post is a shout out to my Pedigrees... you guys made me proud tonight!

you had the option to do it easier and you chose to be true to the team and do it the hard way in order to get the pleasure of having overcome ICC our way!

6 comments:

  1. I think we've come this far as a team in so many things, that we should get the group together. I'd like to get Kingslayer with friends, not randoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy yourselves, then. Guess I'll be there after Cataclysm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Klem - a few things.

    First the makeup of the group has not been decided.

    Second you havent been around as much recently and havent communicated your intentions therefore you are not in the '100% go' list.

    Finally, LK = dead is planned for the next few weeks not months. Plenty of time to get many more through before Cataclysm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably not the best place, but I am compelled to respond.

    First, I'm not saying it has been, I'm merely expressing an opinion on Bell's suggestion.

    Second, I was lead to understand that the guild does not penalise people for having a real life, and while I do have a few busy weekends at present, I think you would find that under normal circumstances I am on almost every night and enthusiastically at almost every guild run that is available to me. i haven't communicated intentions because I have not been asked to (I do check the guild forum regularly so if I have missed such a thread, plese let me know)

    Finally, bravo! Seriously, I'm glad there is an ambitious plan to get the LK down and I am keen to do my bit if there does exist the flexibility to take some rank'n'file along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me just quickly clarify: If at the end of the day a group is formed based on merits, ability and roles, whether it includes me or not, then I'll be happy.

    If a group is formed based on rank, therefore eliminating myself and others who could have had a spot by default without even being considered, I may have a little something to complain about (no threats though, you know I'm loyal to the guild and I'd just have to deal with it. Still, not a good idea IMO)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AS klemon stated - this probably isnt the place to air it. but since its here i shall respond.

    I am organising a guild run to head for LK and beyond. I have put forward names for discussion with the pedigrees for a core team to roll over and push thru each week. That group of names has been collated based on ability, raid awareness, raid attendence, and reliability - in raiding and attendance.

    There will be 10 core members in this group with additional members to fill any vacancies as required. once this list has been finalised then i will be posting an update for the guild in the guild forums. There was a guild announcement placed in the calendar to give guild members a headsup to the wider plan a week or so ago.

    ReplyDelete