Today I am very tired (having had only a few hours sleep) and suffering the worst case of mixed emotions.
Last night after the weekly (Naxx 25 man run) 8 of us decided to go and do some of the Dedicated few achievements in Naxx.
We didn't have enough online to think about an undying so off we went.
The eight of us managed to clear the Arachnid quarter with ease and progressed to the Plague quarter and then on to the Construct quarter. All without too much incident.We were relaxed and having fun, mucking about even.
None of us dared to talk about the fact that we had cleared three quarters without dying on a boss.. Next was military quarter but when we got to Razuvious a decision had to be made.........
We decided to make a concerted effort to complete the Undying raid lock we had somehow found ourselves in... But instead of risking it in 8 man we invited two more people to join and 10 manned it. By now nerves were beginning to get jumpy but all went well... onto the four horseman and on the first boss we didn't get past one stack, move onto the next boss drop, third, drop, fourth drop... easy - how is it we use to have such a hard time doing this in the old days??!
By the time we completed the quarter and Saph we were really beginning to Psyche ourselves out... I chirp up on vent - come on guys we have done this countless times, we can pull new raiders through here alive - this is easier than some of the others. Pets on passive for phase one and we will be all good - And we were....
WOOHOO we are all bouncing we finally got the undying achievement. I should be stoked - and i am - but i am also crying inside...
Undying achievement on the druid! My hunter is the achievement Ho - my druid has never really chased achievements and I have been somewhat disinterested in whether she achieved any or not...
Before pulling KT it was suggested that I could log to the Hunter for the achievement and we could rework some of the others who are less achievement obsessed... I considered it, I really really wanted to do it... But as i said to the rest of the group- we have come this far with this group in this makeup - i don't want to risk ruining that for everyone by messing about with the group for the last boss... Some days i hate having to make the decisions that are for the good of the masses *wah*
I have the Achievement I covet and its on the wrong toon - talk about Happy/Sad cat....
as someone said "There is just no pleasing some people" :P
Last night after the weekly (Naxx 25 man run) 8 of us decided to go and do some of the Dedicated few achievements in Naxx.
We didn't have enough online to think about an undying so off we went.
The eight of us managed to clear the Arachnid quarter with ease and progressed to the Plague quarter and then on to the Construct quarter. All without too much incident.We were relaxed and having fun, mucking about even.
None of us dared to talk about the fact that we had cleared three quarters without dying on a boss.. Next was military quarter but when we got to Razuvious a decision had to be made.........
We decided to make a concerted effort to complete the Undying raid lock we had somehow found ourselves in... But instead of risking it in 8 man we invited two more people to join and 10 manned it. By now nerves were beginning to get jumpy but all went well... onto the four horseman and on the first boss we didn't get past one stack, move onto the next boss drop, third, drop, fourth drop... easy - how is it we use to have such a hard time doing this in the old days??!
By the time we completed the quarter and Saph we were really beginning to Psyche ourselves out... I chirp up on vent - come on guys we have done this countless times, we can pull new raiders through here alive - this is easier than some of the others. Pets on passive for phase one and we will be all good - And we were....
WOOHOO we are all bouncing we finally got the undying achievement. I should be stoked - and i am - but i am also crying inside...
Undying achievement on the druid! My hunter is the achievement Ho - my druid has never really chased achievements and I have been somewhat disinterested in whether she achieved any or not...
Before pulling KT it was suggested that I could log to the Hunter for the achievement and we could rework some of the others who are less achievement obsessed... I considered it, I really really wanted to do it... But as i said to the rest of the group- we have come this far with this group in this makeup - i don't want to risk ruining that for everyone by messing about with the group for the last boss... Some days i hate having to make the decisions that are for the good of the masses *wah*
I have the Achievement I covet and its on the wrong toon - talk about Happy/Sad cat....
as someone said "There is just no pleasing some people" :P

Congratulations! Now that you've done it once, I'm sure you'll somehow manage to "create" an opportunity to do it again with your Hunter :)
ReplyDeleteWhen I went through and did Undying (we did it as 8 too - less people to heal up) it turns out that half of the group thought we had failed the requirement because we had wiped on trash a few times. When we told them that we still had a shot, as long as we didn't mess up KT, they got all anxious again.
LOL. Sometimes you're better off not knowing I think.
I heard a rumor that achievements were going to be account wide come Cata.
ReplyDeleteSo your hunter just might get it :)
I find it funny that you could 8 man it through to KT and then bring in two more - and everyone gets the achievement. Or you could swap a toon over for KT and get it. Seems to go against the whole ethos of the achievement - it hould only go to a toon that drops all 15 bosses without a death on a boss IMHO.
ReplyDeleteOh I got it on the wrong toon as well rofl
yeah, this one is based purely on Raid ID. At least it means you can't simply swap toons if you die - it also meams you can't accumulate "deathless kills" over several raid IDs, it has to be the one run, and I guess going by raid ID was the only way blizz could implement it.
ReplyDeleteThe point is Catreann didnt earn the achievement yet - I dont want a blizz gimme on this one :(
ReplyDeleteAwww - congratulations and commiserations all in one. But I'm sure your nobility in putting the group above your personal sense of achievement was noted by Lady RNG and she will reward with a rare drop soon :)
ReplyDelete