World Of Warcraft

My Ramblings and Occasional Ranting
About Achievements, Addiction and Guild Administration

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Some people just dont move on.....

As GM I sometimess have to remove people from guild.
As I have said before its not something I enjoy doing but it has to be done to keep the guild free of unpleasant people ( Very rarely an issue), To reduce guild drama (Has happened), To remove people who arent a good fit/mix for the existing membership and lastly sometimes I have to remove people from guild for a conflict of interest.



Recently a very valuable and liked member of the guild decided to branch out and set up his own guild. I mean it when I say I wish him well in his new endeavours. He took all his mains out and left a couple little low level toons. Following a conversation with him he understood that in the circumstances it probably wasnt a good idea to leave the littles there and I removed them.

Now when he left guild a newer member also left to "Help out a mate". The mate was of course the aforementioned new guild master. No drama him going to help a mate - people can be in what ever guild they want wherever... as for being in MTR's as well that depends on the circumstances and is obviously at the GM discretion (Risk vs Value), however being that he was going to go and help with the guild  it was a conflict of interest to have his lower geared 80's in MTR's gearing up whilst his most geared 80 was in the other guild recruiting and developing a new guild.

So I endeavoured to have a reasonable and rational conversation with this person.... BIG MISTAKE.... evidently not everyone is able to be reasonable or rational and this person very quickly jumped to the conclusion that I never liked him anyway.
Trust me if it was that I didnt like him he wouldnt have been in guild that long - To be strictly honest the jury was  still out on the mix factor... 

My WTF was because at no point had I said ANYTHING about "Choosing sides" or about my liking or disliking him. People go where people want to be - Not my style to give an ultimatum.

So in amoungst this I removed his other toons from the guild due to the Conflict of interest and then got flamed about being immature. (You think that made me feel my decision was wrong?)

So he couldnt leave it at that... He had to then go and write a departure flame on the guild forums...

So I removed the thread as again I like to keep things as pleasant as possible in guild. Updated the roster and blocked him from the forums. Assumed this would be the last of it... Silly me!


So I ignore this but I should know by now that crazies dont like being ignored or not getting responses... crazies like me to write blog posts about them and will keep pushing till they get them... they will even visit your blog and post comments

So here you go Bubbles - your two minutes of fame and your perspective pasted in so that ALL the guild can see what a bitch I am...

/sigh - need I remind him it IS my guild and it IS my way or the highway. That IS one of the perks of being the GM. You have a vision for your guild and people either agreee with it and join your guild or they leave. They dont get to tell you how you should be running it after they have been removed...

5 comments:

  1. Wow...

    There are very few guilds that I have known of in the past 4 years of playing that will allow someone to be in their guild knowing that the player has other characters in a different guild. When I did recruitment for my last guild, I wouldn't accept anyone who had characters in a different guild unless it was a guild on server that I knew didn't raid. It was too much risk to have to deal with the possibility of having them choose not to attend our raids because they were burnt out from raiding on multiple characters.

    If you're quitting a guild on your most geared character to help a friend start a new guild, that is a pretty good indication to everyone else that you want the new guild to be your focus. Aside from what could happen when the new guild had enough members to start raiding, the potential to try to poach members for the new guild is usually too big of a temptation for most people to resist.

    The only thing I probably would have done differently would have been to leave his post on your forums up and then post your reply and lock the thread and drop his permissions. But that's just personal preference, nothing that you did comes off as being anywhere near out of line. Based on his reactions, it's probably better that he was removed this way now instead of with more drama later due to something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh its fun having these drama queens every now and then. And it appears that an old show may well have come out of retirement. No doubt Cat will share when she's ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Imalinata - That was pretty much my view on things too. However I dont have an issue with toons being elsewhere persay, as i say its a case by case basis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well i find it amusing that you failed to include the whisper to me as you have failed to even mention any of that or show that have you.....Seems your only showing what you want people to see and hear and not actually showing the whole thing. I don't think your a bitch and yeah i have moved on but the only reason i have done this is for the simple fact that I dislike being treated unfairly and i am far from the only person I am just the only one that that has spoken up about it...I am currently in 2 guilds one is malks and there is no conflict between either that you always seem to bring up...Your just pissed cause i took my better geared toon from the guild which technically wasn't, my rogue was the better geared and that was still in the guild so you were wrong on that part.....Before you sit and throw everything i said up on a blog how about including what your wrote to me...Not once did you state anything that said in here to me nor did you try to have a "discussion".

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes i can see how you have moved on...

    ReplyDelete