The Biatch is finally dead!
We have two ten man groups in ICC at the moment. One of them is the progression group that has been pushing thru the last few weeks to get to the LK. I have filled absences in this group with either my hunter or my healer as required. (The second group started about a week ago and last night I was in with them) The progression group has been the one to fine tune the strats and to suffer the mental angst of night after night wiping in the name of progression.
The Sindragosa fight has been a struggle with every night we go in a new person being in the group and having to learn the fight. We have had to tweak and fine tune it from what we saw on vids and strat guides and peoples exposure in other runs. It has been a Hard won battle.
I know that the core group who have been there week in week out throwing themselves against defeat and sucking back the repair bills are likely suffering mixed emotions right now.
One of them said to me "Oh god we are never going to get LK down its a 5 phase fight!" and I am sure after the struggles with each of the fights along the way it can feel a bit like that - but I wanted to commend those stickers. The guys who turned up week in and week out, you guys are my heroes. I know at times you would have preferred to be off doing things like shoving bamboo under your nails but I really do admire your level of dedication and commitment and I thank you for sticking with it and working as a team.
My only regret is that I wasnt there last night!
We have two ten man groups in ICC at the moment. One of them is the progression group that has been pushing thru the last few weeks to get to the LK. I have filled absences in this group with either my hunter or my healer as required. (The second group started about a week ago and last night I was in with them) The progression group has been the one to fine tune the strats and to suffer the mental angst of night after night wiping in the name of progression.
The Sindragosa fight has been a struggle with every night we go in a new person being in the group and having to learn the fight. We have had to tweak and fine tune it from what we saw on vids and strat guides and peoples exposure in other runs. It has been a Hard won battle.
I know that the core group who have been there week in week out throwing themselves against defeat and sucking back the repair bills are likely suffering mixed emotions right now.
One of them said to me "Oh god we are never going to get LK down its a 5 phase fight!" and I am sure after the struggles with each of the fights along the way it can feel a bit like that - but I wanted to commend those stickers. The guys who turned up week in and week out, you guys are my heroes. I know at times you would have preferred to be off doing things like shoving bamboo under your nails but I really do admire your level of dedication and commitment and I thank you for sticking with it and working as a team.
My only regret is that I wasnt there last night!

My mixed emotions are actually around being the "new person" for the week. I'm stoked we downed her, but not really feeling like I did my part other than doing my homework before coming and being lucky enough to get a spot that night :S
ReplyDeleteGetting her down was definitely a relief.
ReplyDeleteWhat I would like to add was that the 30% buff wasn't what did it. We could have got here with the 25% buff and even the 20%.
When we downed her, its was with ~90sec left on the enrage timer and 9manned. (1 DPS went down at the start of phase 3). I was on my mage, blew all my CD's at 35% and proceeded to be iceblocked 3+ times
Subbing in a couple of new people each week means it takes a while to get into the groove, especially difficult while working out a strat that works for you.
Klemon, a credit to you, you got up to speed on the fight pretty quick and you didn't die (much). Was probably harder coming in with most of the rest of the raid being somewhat battleweary and into our 10th+ hour of wiping on her.
What changed my perception of the fight somewhat is that I took a few seconds and worked out that to down her from 35% to dead, and we had about 4-5mins to do so from that time. we only needed 12k DPS on her to beat the timer. I think that subconciously took some pressure off and we got into the iceblock groove and it all made sense.
You aren't the only one with mixed emotions Klem - being that one stoopid dps that died.... I am glad we downed her, but damn I am so annoyed at myself for not timing it right to get behind the blocks and get those stacks off me - 11 stacks was not healthy (we were too good on downing the blocks for this stumpy legged dwarf :P). Hopefully everyone is a little cheerier for when we hit the lich king :) I know it sounds strange, but I can't wait till we go back through and I can hit her again and do it right and not screw up.
ReplyDeleteYeah, perhaps while you're getting the name change for your pally you might consider getting a race change for your hunter...night elves have longer legs and run more gracefully ;)
ReplyDelete