World Of Warcraft

My Ramblings and Occasional Ranting
About Achievements, Addiction and Guild Administration

Monday, April 12, 2010

30 reputations!

I have spent what seems an endless amount of time in Dire Maul grinding rep with the Steamwheedle Cartel. I only needed 3 more reputations to hit the magic 30 OH NO now I have to aim for 35...

Anyway I have an ingame friend who showed me the easy way to rep up.. he kindly took me to the little guy who gives you the ogre costume quest and pointed out the hidden Ogre tannin source (75 rep with all four factions) and also if you get a key drop you can release him (325 rep with each) sure beats the 3 rep a kill of their enemies. I havent quite finished in Diremaul as still have to get exalted with Everlook... alas I ran out of Runecloth and had to hearth out to my bank supplies to get more... The desire to return has been somewhat reduced but tonight I WILL yes i'm pretty sure i will... ohhh look a pretty distraction... NO I will return and finish it.



Achievement chasing is a pain/pleasure thing. I feel so much pain grinding rep - take the wintersabers for an example, that almost killed me - but then when the achievement flashes up on my screen all the pain disperses and I find the next lot of pain to inflict on myself. It must be some condition of the human mind that allows us to do this to ourselves. I mean seriously would anyone have more than one child if we didnt have the ability to flick from that pain to pleasure sensation?!

So whist I was still on the achievement high last night I arranged a spur of the moment first attempt into TOGC. I was somewhat apprehensive as none of the guild druids were on so I had to take my girl in. I have a love of the healer and would happily spend all my time healing - but I dont manage to play her even half as much as I would like (partially because she isnt the achievement toon and if there is even a sniff of a possibility of an achievement I will take the hunter - but also because there are enough competant healers in guild that can go to things instead. )
As much as I love my healer I dont feel as "Competant" as I could or possibly should. Healing is a much more demanding role than being a hunter.. I knew ToGC was going to be tougher but OMG. I felt like a noob in greens stumbling into ToC. we had two wipes - I think that was partially because we were mentally psyching ourselves out but partially because we have got soft doing all the stuff we can do half arsed dragging newer guildies thru. In ToC you can heal someone through when they dont get out of the fire. Its a pain but you can manage it. In ToGC you have to move immediately or you WILL die... we did really well I think. We got to Jaxx with only a total of 4 wipes.... ok so we should be able to get there without any wipes but as previously mentioned Im not as confident with my heler as I should be and we werent quite as sharp as we should be - 4 deaths sharpened us up! It was AWESOME... so we decided to call it a night at Jaxx - but not completely a night and headed off to OS3d.... obviously a druid healer wasnt required so we all logged over to various other toons. One tank, One shammy(for heroisim and optional heals) One druid (Nonguildie/sacrificial cat) and 7dps.. went down easily and i got the 2d &3d zerg achievements on the Hunter HAPPY GIRL.... THEN I won the BLACK  drake OMg omg omg.... I was over the moon how good can a night get. So we have decided the same group of people will go back every week until we all have the drake!

Achievements are great :)

1 comment:

  1. I take it that "same group of people" can be shuffled a little bit in 9 weeks time?

    ReplyDelete