So you may have seen the screen shot where I hid the offenders name who tried to buy back into guild.. Well it seems some people are unbalanced and I am tired of the harrassment and abuse from this person - so today they lost the right to have identity protection.
Whereswally (what an apt name) was invited to the guild some time ago - he was at the time GM of a small guild. I discussed with him on vent my concerns about how he would cope with moving from a guild where he had the say, where it was his way to the transition into a guild where he was just oone of the members. He told me he looked forward to the opportunity to just play the game without guild dramas. Because he was known to one of my guildies I accepted him into the guild as a stray (new recruit) For the record I dont blame this particular guildie for the invite to the guild nor subsequent events - there is only one person to blame for that WALLY!
Everytime we were logged in at the same time I would be inundated with whispers, ( not uncommon with new recruits but these were smarmy). Then suddenly I logged in one morning to discover I had ingame mail from him. The first mail was telling me how I wasnt showing him the respect he deserved bringing all his friends to the guild (his wife and two of his ex guildies joined around the same time as him) and that one of my other guildies was receiving the kudos for it and they had been below him in his guild so shouldnt be above him in rank in my guild and how I should promote him to be an officer and other such rantings about how this particular person wasnt organising raids at times to suit him etc etc etc ... So I am reaching for the gkick button only to discover he has left guild already.. the second mail from him was saying his wife had told him to leave guild and so he had. I am thinking just as well you did or i would have kicked you
So sometime after this Whereswally decides he wants to return to More than Raids and is harranging me to rejoin I steadfastly say no. He then wants an opportunity to talk to me on vent - I concur - not for his sake but for his wifes sake (she is in guild and out of respect for her I agreed to listen to what he had to say) So basically the vent conversation goes from telling me how important it is to him to return to MTR, how all his friends are there and what would he have to do to be allowed back in. Not wishing to beat around the bush or humiliate him by allowing him to grovel I spelt out quite clearly that there was nothing he could do to be reinvited. That in my opinion he was not the right sort of personality for the guild and a reinvite was not going to happen. So hes flipping between telling me what a great guild More than Raids and how he doesnt want to do anything but raid with us, how i dont know him well enough to make the judgement that hes not suitable for more than raids, how I should put an alt in his guild so i can see how he runs things and get to know him, to then telling me how I should be running my guild, how my Gkick of someone else recently was not good GMing because they have a disability and I should be protecting the people with disabilities and so on. In the end I called the conversation to an end (I had gritted teeth by now because I was trying to stay polite and civil and respectful whilst wanting to scream NO WAY YOURE A DICKHEAD). Basically the conversation ended with me telling him it wasnt going to happen and telling his wife that the door for MTR's was always open to her because each person is taken on their own merits and that she was the right personality mix, but that she needed to do what was right and best for her. She made the decision to remain in the guild.
So things go quiet and I assume the matter is resolved. Until the other week - a guild application from Melterofice is received on the forums. I did invite this toon to the guild but put "whereswally?" in the Officers note as I was fairly sure it was him. But being the kindhearted dumbarse I am I decided to let him have the opportunity to sneak in and behave like a decent human being.
So within a couple of days of Melterofice joining MTR i receive a whisper from Whereswally telling me that he has all the mats a person may need and I was welcome to purchase them from him at cost. I dont respond.... Next message asked me if i had family in the armed forces. ...Again I dont respond ... and then I received the ingame mail (copied here again)
So yet again I dont respond but by now im getting a tad annoyed.
So Monday Night we have a guild run of Black temple. It is during this run that Melterofice logs in and starts behaving like a dick in guild chat - oh how I wish I had a screen shot of that one so you could see what a lousy actor he is... and so that you could see the conversations taking place in officer chat at the time.
There is Deathly silence... we continue to raid... more silence... Im thinking yea im not stupid mate.. and then i get a whisper saying Yes Catreann its wally and i want to be in the guild and please forgive me for my deception and i cant remember the rest because the gkick button got in my way .. i fell over it an alas there was a casuality who departed guild promptly...
He then went on my ignore list.
So you would think that the message would get thru but ohhhhh no - some people really are messed up in the head.
Tuesday night My partner gets a message from Whereswally (see below) I have removed the officer chat and the raid chat for ease of following his conversation.
So I am beginning to wonder is this never going to end.... And of course by now i realise hes going to try the whole sneak in on an alt attempt again.
And then today they stooped low enough to upset my son who ran into this particular sub-human being in Dalaran. This piece of Sh ... (well you know how it finishes) went off and set up a guild then drew attention to themselves by making a point to wave at my guildies in Dalaran.
Oh yes and it would appear there has been another application on the forums by him to join More the Raids. Damn shame for him that I have now made a ventrillo interview a prerequisite to join the guild - but only for applications that twinge my womans instinct as not kosher.
And unfortunately his wife has been caught in the crossfire. She understandable feels less than happy that he has "people speaking offensively toward him or making him the butt of jokes on forums, blogs or in chats, where she is able to read these things" and I also understand how she could be deeply offended being told that someone from the guild whispered the wally to tell him that is is hated through out MTR's - unfortunately she didnt get the full story... at the time he was wearing the above guildname and the person in guild messaged him and said nah everyone hates whereswally... She has asked that we not ruin her enjoyment of More Than raids... To this I respond the only person responsibly for her losing ejoyment in More than raids is her husband. I expect she will Gquit.. I am not going to kick her because her husband is a dickhead.. as i said she was recruited on her own merits.
So although I have tried to be the best ingame person I can be - sometimes people can be pushed to far!
So Whereswally has returned to the guild Dark Evolution. I had a little chat on vent with the GM of that guild tonight... and I await Blizzards response to the ticket I posted about the breach of game policies. Specifically:
Ongoing harassment. Harassment takes many forms, and is not necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment, either physical or verbal, can lead to more severe action. The idea behind this is to prevent any one player from consistently being made uncomfortable in the lands of Azeroth.
And because im a Bitch when pushed I am also looking into contacting his ISP in regards to their policies and standards about harrassment.
Whereswally (what an apt name) was invited to the guild some time ago - he was at the time GM of a small guild. I discussed with him on vent my concerns about how he would cope with moving from a guild where he had the say, where it was his way to the transition into a guild where he was just oone of the members. He told me he looked forward to the opportunity to just play the game without guild dramas. Because he was known to one of my guildies I accepted him into the guild as a stray (new recruit) For the record I dont blame this particular guildie for the invite to the guild nor subsequent events - there is only one person to blame for that WALLY!
Everytime we were logged in at the same time I would be inundated with whispers, ( not uncommon with new recruits but these were smarmy). Then suddenly I logged in one morning to discover I had ingame mail from him. The first mail was telling me how I wasnt showing him the respect he deserved bringing all his friends to the guild (his wife and two of his ex guildies joined around the same time as him) and that one of my other guildies was receiving the kudos for it and they had been below him in his guild so shouldnt be above him in rank in my guild and how I should promote him to be an officer and other such rantings about how this particular person wasnt organising raids at times to suit him etc etc etc ... So I am reaching for the gkick button only to discover he has left guild already.. the second mail from him was saying his wife had told him to leave guild and so he had. I am thinking just as well you did or i would have kicked you
So sometime after this Whereswally decides he wants to return to More than Raids and is harranging me to rejoin I steadfastly say no. He then wants an opportunity to talk to me on vent - I concur - not for his sake but for his wifes sake (she is in guild and out of respect for her I agreed to listen to what he had to say) So basically the vent conversation goes from telling me how important it is to him to return to MTR, how all his friends are there and what would he have to do to be allowed back in. Not wishing to beat around the bush or humiliate him by allowing him to grovel I spelt out quite clearly that there was nothing he could do to be reinvited. That in my opinion he was not the right sort of personality for the guild and a reinvite was not going to happen. So hes flipping between telling me what a great guild More than Raids and how he doesnt want to do anything but raid with us, how i dont know him well enough to make the judgement that hes not suitable for more than raids, how I should put an alt in his guild so i can see how he runs things and get to know him, to then telling me how I should be running my guild, how my Gkick of someone else recently was not good GMing because they have a disability and I should be protecting the people with disabilities and so on. In the end I called the conversation to an end (I had gritted teeth by now because I was trying to stay polite and civil and respectful whilst wanting to scream NO WAY YOURE A DICKHEAD). Basically the conversation ended with me telling him it wasnt going to happen and telling his wife that the door for MTR's was always open to her because each person is taken on their own merits and that she was the right personality mix, but that she needed to do what was right and best for her. She made the decision to remain in the guild.
So things go quiet and I assume the matter is resolved. Until the other week - a guild application from Melterofice is received on the forums. I did invite this toon to the guild but put "whereswally?" in the Officers note as I was fairly sure it was him. But being the kindhearted dumbarse I am I decided to let him have the opportunity to sneak in and behave like a decent human being.
So within a couple of days of Melterofice joining MTR i receive a whisper from Whereswally telling me that he has all the mats a person may need and I was welcome to purchase them from him at cost. I dont respond.... Next message asked me if i had family in the armed forces. ...Again I dont respond ... and then I received the ingame mail (copied here again)
So yet again I dont respond but by now im getting a tad annoyed.
So Monday Night we have a guild run of Black temple. It is during this run that Melterofice logs in and starts behaving like a dick in guild chat - oh how I wish I had a screen shot of that one so you could see what a lousy actor he is... and so that you could see the conversations taking place in officer chat at the time.
So then I get a whisper from Melterofice asking me if he can invite people to the guild or if they have to apply on the forums. To this I do respond. I say "They need to apply on the forums Wally :P"
There is Deathly silence... we continue to raid... more silence... Im thinking yea im not stupid mate.. and then i get a whisper saying Yes Catreann its wally and i want to be in the guild and please forgive me for my deception and i cant remember the rest because the gkick button got in my way .. i fell over it an alas there was a casuality who departed guild promptly...
He then went on my ignore list.
So you would think that the message would get thru but ohhhhh no - some people really are messed up in the head.
Tuesday night My partner gets a message from Whereswally (see below) I have removed the officer chat and the raid chat for ease of following his conversation.
So I am beginning to wonder is this never going to end.... And of course by now i realise hes going to try the whole sneak in on an alt attempt again.
And then today they stooped low enough to upset my son who ran into this particular sub-human being in Dalaran. This piece of Sh ... (well you know how it finishes) went off and set up a guild then drew attention to themselves by making a point to wave at my guildies in Dalaran.
Oh yes and it would appear there has been another application on the forums by him to join More the Raids. Damn shame for him that I have now made a ventrillo interview a prerequisite to join the guild - but only for applications that twinge my womans instinct as not kosher.
And unfortunately his wife has been caught in the crossfire. She understandable feels less than happy that he has "people speaking offensively toward him or making him the butt of jokes on forums, blogs or in chats, where she is able to read these things" and I also understand how she could be deeply offended being told that someone from the guild whispered the wally to tell him that is is hated through out MTR's - unfortunately she didnt get the full story... at the time he was wearing the above guildname and the person in guild messaged him and said nah everyone hates whereswally... She has asked that we not ruin her enjoyment of More Than raids... To this I respond the only person responsibly for her losing ejoyment in More than raids is her husband. I expect she will Gquit.. I am not going to kick her because her husband is a dickhead.. as i said she was recruited on her own merits.
So although I have tried to be the best ingame person I can be - sometimes people can be pushed to far!
So Whereswally has returned to the guild Dark Evolution. I had a little chat on vent with the GM of that guild tonight... and I await Blizzards response to the ticket I posted about the breach of game policies. Specifically:
Ongoing harassment. Harassment takes many forms, and is not necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment, either physical or verbal, can lead to more severe action. The idea behind this is to prevent any one player from consistently being made uncomfortable in the lands of Azeroth.
And because im a Bitch when pushed I am also looking into contacting his ISP in regards to their policies and standards about harrassment.



Eventually nobody is going to want him in a guild, and he's gonna have to change names or transfer. Just put him on your friends list with a note, because I think your friends list will auto-update if someone pays for a name change.
ReplyDeleteAs for his wife - it's harsh but last time that happened (the husband got a gkick), the wife was booted as well summarily. It may not be the right thing to do, because it's not the wife's fault - but at the same time, her continued participation in the guild does give the husband unwanted access. For better or worse, right?
I've seen this type of thing twice in guilds, it will be imposible for the remaining spouse to stay in the guild. Not thats he/she should be kicked but i would expect them to quit quite quickly because it creates an untenable situation.
ReplyDeleteCouples generally play together and in separate guilds, with separate raids etc it is difficult. With one guild slagging off the offending party in front of the husband/wife you can't blame them for going either.
It does raise an interesting question thou..... in the case of wally.....why is the wife still in the guild????
Theres are trust/loyalty issues here, and it begs the question, whats going on a home wally???
This post has stuck with me through the weekend, niggling at the back of my mind.
ReplyDeleteThere is something both pathological and unsound about this guy's behaviour and apparent mental state.
Please take care and stay safe online until Blizz and the ISP have time to sort him out.