My current achievement count is 7055 points.
With the recent patch changes I cashed in the few arena tokens I had for honor and bought a war mount giving me "Call in the Cavalry" To be honest I suck at PvP of any sort. Fighting against another living, breathing person requires reflexes and a desire to crush that I just dont possess. Well i dont have the crush desire most of the time unless someone hits my enrage timer - Dont forget Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned - or one ganked whilst fishing for terrorfish.
So the few tokens I had were as a result of my son hi-jacking my account to Pvp (back when my gear far outclassed his) or when I had begged him to help me get an achievement.
I also finally earnt "Watch him die" something I had tried for on several occassions. We went in and overthought the statergy, had the dog tanking adds, tried this and that and always failed. This week we just went in and zerged him. Not the thinking womans solution to things but it certainly works!
And one of the highlights of the week for me was the semi regular attempt at the "Undying" achievement. Naxx is somewhere I have a special love for. Its where I learnt to raid - how can you not look back on the place you lost your virginity without having a touch of nostalgia.
So each week we start with the dance. Last week we had a death and decided to go do some of the other achievements instead so it was a success eitherway. This week we went in with a new guildie. He thought it was a good idea if he stood outside the gate whilst we foxtrotted with the boss - until we pointed out that you still get hit with the damage outside the gate. So there was a little nervous banter about the dance and estimates of how many times he could get hit before he went down if he tripped over his left feet.
We tanked it one the corner of the stage and ZERGED Heigan.. no dancing required. He hit the ground without us even having to think about whether our tu-tu's were straight or not.
"Safety Dance" achievements all around (I already had the achievement having done it the hard way - Dancing required). I didnt earn a new achievement but OMG what a rush!!
The other highlight this week for me is another achievement I didnt get. ToC 25- Ive been in on several pugs all of which crumble at the faction champs. It was a scheduled run for Friday night and 20+ people signed up for it. Normally we would run 2x ten mans but I was thinking about gauging where peoples raid awareness is when I made the decision to do a 25 man. We eventually managed to get 25 guildies and headed off. I have since been told by a reliable source that we had a total of 12 wipes that night. But the guild made it to Anub'arak. Ok strictly speaking it was the guild and a few pugs who had to be bought in when some of our younger members had to leave (I respect parent aggro and encourage the younger guildies to "Do as youre told" when it comes to parents managing game time - as one myself I know how hard it is... Mum and Dad FIRST raiding second)
I think around half of the wipes were on Anub and we never downed the sod but it was the most excillerating achievement I didnt get! The guild had NEVER done ToC on 25 man before - heck not that long ago many were having problems completing 10 man (and I am sure some still do), there were even people in the 25 man who had never seen past Jaxx. So yes I was proud of what we did achieve. And who knows maybe I will finally get that one ticked off too!
With the recent patch changes I cashed in the few arena tokens I had for honor and bought a war mount giving me "Call in the Cavalry" To be honest I suck at PvP of any sort. Fighting against another living, breathing person requires reflexes and a desire to crush that I just dont possess. Well i dont have the crush desire most of the time unless someone hits my enrage timer - Dont forget Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned - or one ganked whilst fishing for terrorfish.
So the few tokens I had were as a result of my son hi-jacking my account to Pvp (back when my gear far outclassed his) or when I had begged him to help me get an achievement.
I also finally earnt "Watch him die" something I had tried for on several occassions. We went in and overthought the statergy, had the dog tanking adds, tried this and that and always failed. This week we just went in and zerged him. Not the thinking womans solution to things but it certainly works!
And one of the highlights of the week for me was the semi regular attempt at the "Undying" achievement. Naxx is somewhere I have a special love for. Its where I learnt to raid - how can you not look back on the place you lost your virginity without having a touch of nostalgia.
So each week we start with the dance. Last week we had a death and decided to go do some of the other achievements instead so it was a success eitherway. This week we went in with a new guildie. He thought it was a good idea if he stood outside the gate whilst we foxtrotted with the boss - until we pointed out that you still get hit with the damage outside the gate. So there was a little nervous banter about the dance and estimates of how many times he could get hit before he went down if he tripped over his left feet.
We tanked it one the corner of the stage and ZERGED Heigan.. no dancing required. He hit the ground without us even having to think about whether our tu-tu's were straight or not.
"Safety Dance" achievements all around (I already had the achievement having done it the hard way - Dancing required). I didnt earn a new achievement but OMG what a rush!!
The other highlight this week for me is another achievement I didnt get. ToC 25- Ive been in on several pugs all of which crumble at the faction champs. It was a scheduled run for Friday night and 20+ people signed up for it. Normally we would run 2x ten mans but I was thinking about gauging where peoples raid awareness is when I made the decision to do a 25 man. We eventually managed to get 25 guildies and headed off. I have since been told by a reliable source that we had a total of 12 wipes that night. But the guild made it to Anub'arak. Ok strictly speaking it was the guild and a few pugs who had to be bought in when some of our younger members had to leave (I respect parent aggro and encourage the younger guildies to "Do as youre told" when it comes to parents managing game time - as one myself I know how hard it is... Mum and Dad FIRST raiding second)
I think around half of the wipes were on Anub and we never downed the sod but it was the most excillerating achievement I didnt get! The guild had NEVER done ToC on 25 man before - heck not that long ago many were having problems completing 10 man (and I am sure some still do), there were even people in the 25 man who had never seen past Jaxx. So yes I was proud of what we did achieve. And who knows maybe I will finally get that one ticked off too!

No comments:
Post a Comment