World Of Warcraft

My Ramblings and Occasional Ranting
About Achievements, Addiction and Guild Administration

Sunday, March 28, 2010

DPS Recounts

I have several addons installed - Recount is one of them.

This little addon is great but a curse at the same time.

I love that it will give me an indication of how a persons DPS is improving - with gear changes and rotations and gems and enchants and all the other things that they can be mentored to improve. It also gives me an indication of who needs help or who is letting the lose ends drag (that is letting everyone else do the work and just coming along for the loot/tokens - often they are off making dinner, folding the washing or reading a book - possibly watching movies or playing Eve)


I love that it gives me an idea as to whose DPS is doing what when balancing group splits for bosses (Lightbane and Darkbane 25 man ToC or  Feugen and Stalagg in Naxx)

I hate that a hunter in our guild is ALWAYS at the top of it. The guys a freak.
Back in the old days my partner and I took him under our wing and mentored him in the learnings we had received from my prior mentor and also all the things my rather anally retentive partner had discovered. The student has exceeded the teacher.
 I know that im not the best player (Ok I can hold my own and am generally in the top few hunters, and making excuses my DPS isnt always at its best because I may be dealing with all the other stuff a GM has to deal with during trash fights -AOE autopilot at this stage sorry guys) But I will NEVER be as good at button clicking as he is. My hunter could do so much more in this other guys hands than she does in mine. I know this but it still smarts. Honestly hes a freak! He pulls numbers that I cant even comprehend at times doing thousands of DPS more than the next person. And you know what... hes not an arse about it. He is probably one of the most loved guildies, no dramas, no rudeness, no ego. He gives freely of his time to help others improve their hunters. He is always up for a laugh and a bit of fun and he is always the last person you have to worry about in high end raids. (ToC25 the other night we fall thru the floor prior to Anub - he has a sneaky waterwalking thrown on him before he hits the water - he hits the water and dies. Hes giggling on vent. Others might have got pissy - and they might have got pissier still when after one encounter with Anub their gear is all red. But he takes it in his stride laughs along with the rest of us and works wonders on the moral of the greater guild. How can you hate someone who is so damn perfect - this guy is a better human being at 19 than some are at 50 when they have had plenty of time to practice..... If he wasnt such a great person Im sure I would wish the curses of a million STD's befall him and his loved one.

I hate people who are so obsessed with being the top of a recount meter that they dont actually play well. These are the people who always pull aggro from the tanks and then blame the tanks. These are the people who get a shot in before the tank has aggro - just so they can get a few more points on the meter. These are the people who post recount meters every two seconds in raid to show you how uber they are or how uber youre not. These are the people who wont feigh death or aggro dump because it will affect their DPS. I see these idiots everywhere.

I hate the people who dont understand DPS and how it can be affected by a fight. So you have a fight where melee DPS has a single target to focus on, ranged DPS have to keep changing targets, moving around, protecting healers and the like (Toravon the Ice Watcher is a perfect example) who you think is going to show highest on the recount..... So dont post recount bitching about the fail DPS in the group and spouting how fail hunters are - If the ranged DPS in this fight are top of the recount - they most likely arent changing targets and therefore arent doing the job properly! (or a Freak like the aforementioned)  SO shut up and get on with the fights.

And I REALLY HATE the idiots in game who think that Recount meters are some sort of measure of how good a player they are. Being top DPS and dying on the pull doesnt make you a great player. I would take the person who sits further down the recount and knows how to stay alive anyday.

My partner was in an ICC 25 pug group the other day - Lady Deathwhisperer -a DPS announces it is  better if he stays on the boss because his DPS will be better that way - WTF? How important is is that your DPS is showing as high when the adds are all alive and killing off the group because you dont want to break your rhythm or damage your recount totals... IDIOT

Disclaimer:
If you are one of the recount raid posters and take offence at the suggestion youre an idiot : Chances are you are an idiot and offence was intended.
If you are one of the freaks - no offence was intended - youre a special breed

No comments:

Post a Comment