World Of Warcraft

My Ramblings and Occasional Ranting
About Achievements, Addiction and Guild Administration

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

When do I admit I'm Addicted?




OK so by now its obvious that I am enjoying the game too - more levelling, questing and a guild change. This led to raiding by step dad on the hunter - I'M NOT DOING THAT!!!
Eventually I overcame my fear of raiding and had a go and the rest is history.

I forgot all about those thieving sods who take money to let you play each month and just have an unobserved deduction from the credit card each month that goes to those nice people at Blizzard for the awesome game they provide.


The hunter got to 70 and then 80 as did Step dads Priest. We both ended up as officers in a guild and everything was ticking along nicely. I will never forget the Mammoth effort for the guild to finally clear Naxx10 - I think it took something like 3 days OK so I might exaggerate a bit maybe that was just the delirium or perhaps the lack of sleep. But we finally did it despite many saying we were never going to clear it.

Due to a bad mix of people in the guild, a MIA guild leader, some unpleasantness, internal politics and burnout I took my hunter out of the guild and went and sat in the peace and quiet of a guild bank. I had every intention of returning to the Guild I had given so much time and effort and energy to but the politics got bitter and twisted and so my son and partner also left. It was at this point I decided to recruit for members to join me in my shell of a guild. My son went off to some guild or another and my partner joined a Raiding guild something I would never have the guts to do - its dog eat dog in those places.


Being a Guild Leader:

Before not to long I had a few new members, my partner returned from the world of hardcore raiding with some battle scars and he became my #2. Then I had some people I was very very fond of join me from my previous guild and members from another guild that we use to run with also started flying in the door. Including their guild leader. So I suppose in a way out of the ashes of two guilds rose the core members of my new guild.

I had a simple vision when I set up the guild - Nice people in a nice environment. No selfish, grabbing, me me me type people. No asses, No idiots, No bullies, just nice folk enjoying a game and making new friends. Obviously I also wanted to raid but the raiding is only a part of this game.

So my guild is called MORE than Raids. A simple name that covers the view of this GM that there is room for people in guild who don't want to raid, those who love achievements (like me) or making gold or questing or just logging in to chat or EEKKKK PvPing!

As at the time of this post we have 94 accounts with 204 toons.


Being a guild leader is something I never considered when I started this game - heck I wasnt even going to still be playing it this far in the future. Its only a winter game right?
But I am still playing and I am now a GM of what I consider to be one of the best collections of individuals in game. Have we cleared ICC no - Hell I still havent finished Ulduar, but we have a collection of super people and we are progressing thru ICC slowly with a group of people who work together without getting bitchy, without stepping up by knocking others down.

Yes we have had some in guild issues but I try to deal with these personally, with dignity and respect and with fairness. Sometimes things just dont work out and no matter how you try people still get *sore* but i try to be the best Gm I can be everyday and I am wholey rewarded by being able to play the game with lovely people around me.

Throughout this blog I will eventually post some of the inguild initiatives I trial, the success and failure of these and to sort of work through my thoughts behind such things.

Occassionally I might work thru a problem by telling my Diary (and its readers) and sometimes I might just babble. I am the Babbling dwarf after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment