World Of Warcraft

My Ramblings and Occasional Ranting
About Achievements, Addiction and Guild Administration

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Leatherworking



I somehow lost a couple of hours out of my life today. I had a fleeting thought of "I wonder how many leatherwork patterns there are in game" which led me to then think "I wonder how many I haven't got?"

I thought I pretty much had all the patterns in game but whilst grinding rep in Diremaul (Dont ask yet) I have learnt three new patterns I didnt even know I was missing. I check the AH anytime Im there for patterns I dont know.. its blank. I recently acquired all of the ICC patterns - would you believe rep was my delay not Primordials. I run olde worlde content in the hope of getting a mystery pattern..


But today I thought I would find out what else is out there.

I am probably one of the worst people at finding shortcuts to information on the web efficiently. I poddled off to Wowhead and had a look for leatherworking recipies. I then copied all these names into a spreadsheet and ticked them all off one by one against my leatherwork book. I havent been able to find a definitive number of how many patterns there are in game.
Its a work in progress .. I have the names of 452 Patterns on my spreadsheet so far. 5 of which I dont know. But I have now to cross check these against another site I just discovered. Yes addiction is a terribly time waster!

Plus I now have to work out how to get myself a Kodo Hide Bag Pattern!

Well since posting this a wonderful guildie sourced me the Kodo hide bag - how loved am i!
And i worked out how to link my list Leatherwork patterns

4 comments:

  1. In case you would want to do the same with other professions - or just don't want to do spreadsheets (would make my head explode) install Ackis Recipe List :)

    It's available on curse @ http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/arl.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks heaps for that! I am not quite as obsessive about any other profession as I am the Leatherworking but I DO know some guildies who are :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem, found your blog from CS&AH and so far been a pretty good read :) keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The place to go for WoW crafting info, including complete lists of recipies.....

    http://wow.crafterstome.com/home.html

    ReplyDelete